Q: Hey I have 2004 Honda Accord. It only runs hot whenever I cut the heat on, long as the air is on, it stays right

Overheating

A: Hello. If the engine is overheating, but wi...

Hello. If the engine is overheating, but will maintain the right temperature when the AC is on, then typically that is the result of a radiator cooling fan issue. When the AC is on, one of the fans will come on and keep the engine cool. If the AC is off and the main fan is not functional, then the engine will overheat. I usually start by testing the fan and then the circuit to find the problem. Most of the time on this vehicle the problem is with the fan itself. If you need to have this overheating problem inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.