Q: My vehicle keeps overheating.

i changed the my coolant and i added the right amount...i replaced my thermostat cause code p0128 was read on the OBD)...i think my water pump is working properly (if not how can i tell?)...and it still shows overheating on the meter...what could be the issue?

Hi there. The overheating condition could be caused by three different things on your vehicle.

• Plugged Radiator
  • Water pump failure
  • Burned head gasket

The radiator could be plugged up causing the coolant to not flow when the engine is operating. The water pump could have build-up in it and causing it to divert the coolant through the by-pass hose. The head gasket could be burned causing the coolant to go into the cylinder and get burned out with the exhaust. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you if you cannot determine the cause of your engine overheating.