Q: Hesitation on acceleration, Jerking idle

My 1993 Chevy Corsica has had The Tps, Iac, Map, Coolant, Crankshaft, Oxygen sensors replaced along with replacing all three ignition coils ans the ignition module, fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel relay. After all that car has bad acceleration and sometimes stalls at idle. The problem that caused me to change everything was a bad ignition coil but after fixing that this problem occured. Now when I start the car if the check engine light is on car gets hotter than usual and accelerates poorly and if check engine light off when car starts it accelerates fine but jerks amd surges at idle and sometime stalls only at idle. Also temperature is normal when check engime light ain't on. Please help

This vehicle has had many issues with the wiring harness on these vehicles causing many different problems. Possible issues are the cooling fans, transmission, engine sensors and other many other issues. This could account for your problems that are intermittent. The wiring harness connectors on the entire engine will need to be disconnected, inspected for corrosion, loose pins and bare wires and then the connections put back together with some connector corrosion inhibitor. I recommend having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to you and see what codes are in the computer and diagnose the problem for you.

3. Hesitation on acceleration, Jerking idle