Q: Hesitation

Hello, My engine light comes on then power hesitation. I took it to Firestnone said they couldn't find anything wrong it just needed a oil change. Engine light went out drives smooth. At half engine oil life I have to get a oil change, if not engine light comes back on hesitates again, and I have to do same process over again. Any thoughts.

Hi there:

In most cases, engine hesitation or stumbling is caused by fuel system or ignition system component failures; such as mass air flow sensors, O2 sensors or problems with ignition control modules. However, in some rare cases, oil lubrication issues can cause these same problems. Anytime the check engine light is illuminated, an error code is stored inside the ECU that a professional mechanic can download and determine what’s causing your stumbling issues. I’d recommend having a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection first; so they can download these error codes and determine what’s causing the problems.