Q: Hesitating and missing in drive or park, fine over 45 mph

My car has some issues at low RPMs. There are no problems if I develop the speed over 45mph. However, it seems to be hesitating and missing while it is in drive or park. There is rough idling as well. I took the car to several shops and they couldn't fix this. I had wiring and spark plugs replaced. That didn't help. What could be causing this? Thanks.

A: Hello. Quite a few different items can caus...

Hello. Quite a few different items can cause an erratic idle as well as an engine that misses. The spark plugs and wires are a great place to start. Other possible causes of this fault include: low fuel pressure, vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, an oxygen sensor failure, and a failing fuel pump. Now that the spark plugs and wires have been replaced, the next step is to perform a diagnosis on this fault. A certified mechanic like one from YourMechanic will be able to thoroughly inspect your misfiring issue and make the repairs that are needed.