Q: Hesitant to start

I try to turn on the car and a clicking sound comes on. At times it will turn on (very hesitant) or it will just not turn on.

A: You may just have a bad battery and it is s...

You may just have a bad battery and it is simply too weak to turn over the starter to start the engine. Have the battery/starter checked and replace the battery or starter as needed.

Once the engine is started, check the charging system to see it works okay. The most common failure is the battery.

I’d recommend seeking assistance from a qualified mechanic who can diagnose your starting issue. Once this is done, the problem will be evident, and proper repair can be made.