Q: Help! vechicle stalls out without any dash lights

My jeep will start up normally but than stalls out and dies, When it does no warning lights come on (ie..Check Engine) and it will restart up but stalls out repeatedly, also when it does run it seems to be using a lot more fuel.. My friend checked it for codes but no codes showed. We replaced the Crankshaft position sensor thinking that might be the problem but the problem is still there. What could it be? Any suggestions on what could be causing the problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. When dealing with a stalling issue, the first thing you want to do is start with the simple stuff. Check the battery’s terminals, ground connection, wiring the the fuse box, and wiring to the starter. If all of the connections are clean, dry and tight, check the battery and the alternator functions. If these are working correctly, look to the sensors, much like you have already done. In addition to the crankshaft position sensor, check the Mass Airflow Sensor. There is also a screw on the front plate of the vehicle’s main computer that is infamous for causing these types of issues. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.