Q: Help v8 4.6l 95 tbird

I have a 95 thunderbird 4.6 v8 recently took on highway heading home randomly started blowing smoke so I stopped got out an see a lot of transmission fluid rushing out my passenger side curious of what the issue is ? An if I need a new transmission? An how much to fix the issue

Transmission fluid that is leaking onto a hot surface such as exhaust or onto the body of the transmission itself will definitely cause the fluid to turn to smoke as it is burnt. The main question is what kind of symptoms you may have experienced as a result of the loss of transmission fluid. Generally, when the transmission is low on fluid it can cause delays in shifting or in some cases harder than usual shifting due to the transmission’s inability to build the correct amount of pressure to perform shifting normally. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the car to properly diagnose this transmission issue and repair this.

3. Help v8 4.6l 95 tbird