Q: Help! I was quoted $849 for brake service at the dealership.

I was told I needed 1 rotor ..front brakes ....and 1 wheel bearing dealership said it would be $849 am I getting ripped off? I know I need a wheel bearing and front brakes that I will agree on but am I getting ripped off on the price?!?!?!

A: It is hard to state if the dealer is overch...

It is hard to state if the dealer is overcharging without knowing what exactly is included in the "front brake" work. Dealers have to maintain a fairly expensive facility, and service costs have to cover that (and more) to make money.

If you'd like to go a different route, consider receiving services from YourMechanic. We are a mobile, professional mechanic service, which comes to your vehicle location for an inspection of your brake system, has lower overhead, and can charge lower rates for the same high-quality service.