Q: Help ! Dodge charger se

Hello my question is I been driving a 2007 dodge charger it has over 180k the problem with it is I been driving very low speeds like 10 or 20 mph whenever I make either left or right turns suddenly shuts off the car and steering wheel tightens while driving I park and turn the key like if I am normally turn it off the car when I try and tu en it back on it does work it just sound like it was a dead battery but no it does turn on the first try it happened twice in different occasions?

Hello there, many different faults will cause your 2007 Dodge Charger to shut off when taking turns at low speed. When the vehicle is moving slowly the power steering pump is working the hardest to turn the vehicle. Common faults that will cause these issues is a seized power steering pump, failed pump pulley, drive belt tensioner failure, or a drive belt issue. If the pump or another component is seized this can prevent the vehicle from starting normally. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car shutting off and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle likely has a stalling due to an electrical issue. The main electrical component which has anything to do with engine power and the steering is the ignition switch’s wiring in the steering column. The switch and its wiring can become damaged after time. There are electrical and visual tests you can perform to verify if these components are working or not. If you are hearing any strange noises, or are leaking power steering fluid, there may be reason to believe the steering components may be to blame. If you are not having any loss of power steering fluid or any other issues with the system, then the issue is likely related to the steering column and the wiring. For more help with servicing the ignition and engine, contact our service department for more information.

3. Help ! Dodge charger se