Q: Hello there, I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder with only 103,000 miles, but living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Today, @ 21*, I drove on

The car had been sitting in a non-heated garage for close to 24 hrs. When I drove earlier today, it was 21*. After only driving a few blocks, the temperature gauge was already between H and C. I didn't think this is normal, so turned around and drove home. Could the suv be on the way to overheating? If so, why please? Thank you!

Hi there. How far is a few blocks? Based on your description there could be a possibility of overheating, but there could also be the possibility of a malfunctioning temperature sensor. At those temperatures it seems unlikely that the vehicle would have warmed up so quickly. There could be some other underlying concerns that could be creating the issue at hand, but I feel that this will most likely be a fault in the sensor. If you had driven a few miles, then I would suspect cooling system components. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is overheating inspection.

3. Hello there, I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder with only 103,000 miles, but living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Today, @ 21*, I drove on