Q: Hello Richard my name is Jose and i was wondering why my 01 expedition accelerates when i turn it on or change gears but only once

When i turn on the car the rpm starts jumping up to 1-2-3 or sometimes when i shift the gears to drive or reverse it does it then for like 20 seconds and i feel the car lifting its back from me holding the breaks

The engine should be checked to see if the PCV hose at the connection on the intake is broken causing a large vacuum leak. If the line is leaking it will cause the engine to idle and run faster than it should. If the hose is not broken then have the engine scanned for codes to the idle air control valve. Once codes are received then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic can check the codes and look into what has caused them.

3. Hello Richard my name is Jose and i was wondering why my 01 expedition accelerates when i turn it on or change gears but only once