Q: Hello! My car won't start - 2004 Peugeot 206

I have a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1MDWwYM8I when I try starting it. Is it a battery or a starter or smth more serious? Thank you! Car is an automatic.

Hello - the sound level in your video isn’t quite enough to tell how much of the starter electrical system is actually engaging. Check battery condition and cables for corrosion. Try turning your lights on, then attempting a start. If the lights dim, the battery may be failing or in a weak condition. If the lights don’t dim, engine management may not be initiating the "start" sequence. Check fuses, and the main engine management and fuel pump relays. For further diagnostic assistance, (in the United States) I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.