Q: Hello my car had its steering rack replaced 5 months ago the garage never put the heat shield back on and now the steering rack is

Hello my car had its steering rack replaced 5 months ago the garage never put the heat shield back on and now the steering rack is corroded and failed could this be because the heat shield never got put back on as I have been told maybe but the garage are saying impossible. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

3. Hello my car had its steering rack replaced 5 months ago the garage never put the heat shield back on and now the steering rack is