Q: Hello I'm planning on buying this 2005 Acura MDX but one of the issue on the car is that it needs the coil pack replaced. Could yo

I'm planning on buying this 2005 Acura MDX. In the details about it, it said that the coil pack needed to be replaced. Could you tell me exactly what a coil pack is and how much it will cost to fix or replace?

The vehicle you are looking at has six individual coils (aka, "coil packs", or "coil on plug") one for each of the six spark plugs on the engine. These are frankly mundane devices and if only one is faulty, if it has been properly diagnosed, it is not logical that such a repair would not have been made prior to listing the car for sale. Unless you know the seller or there is some explanation of this circumstance, I would be skeptical in this transaction. In particular, there is a possibility that the vehicle has problems other than merely "one defective coil pack" and once such is repaired, those other problems will come into view. Again, the question is why wasn’t this part already simply replaced inasmuch as it is such a simple repair? Be sure to get an answer to that question.

A good way to protect yourself in a used car transaction is to request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you very specific data regarding any current problems that the car has. Please do not hesitate for a moment to re-contact YourMechanic and we will assist you further in your attempts to make a wise used vehicle purchase.

3. Hello I'm planning on buying this 2005 Acura MDX but one of the issue on the car is that it needs the coil pack replaced. Could yo