Q: Hello. I have to replace both the bank 1 and bank 2 cat. Does bank 1 and 2 refer to "right" and "left"? Thanks

Need to replace bank 1 and 2 cat. Does bank 1/bank 2 mean right/left? they are listed in the auto parts catalog as right cat and left cat. Thanks

Yes, bank 1 and bank 2 is the same as left and right. Bank 1 is the right side of the engine and bank 2 is the left. Before purchasing and replacing the catalyst, you should have a complete diagnosis of the codes you are receiving from the engine computer. You may need to do additional repairs before the catalyst is replaced or damage to the new catalyst may happen. I recommend having a mechanic verify the computer systems are clear of any problems before you can install the new catalyst. If you would like to have the car checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can verify the issue and move forward with any needed repairs.

3. Hello. I have to replace both the bank 1 and bank 2 cat. Does bank 1 and 2 refer to "right" and "left"? Thanks