Q: Hello i have a ford focus c max 2004 yesterday there was a problem when i was on motorway the car slow down and in 5th gear with

Hello i have a ford focus c max 2004 yesterday there was a problem when i was on motorway the car slow down and in 5th gear with it was not going more than 80kms. Can u explain what should i do and what is the problem

A plugged catalytic converter can cause this symptom but your account seems to be that this "bogging down" problem came on suddenly. Typically, in a circumstance such as yours, we recommend you request a slow acceleration diagnostic. Among the possible faults examined are a defective fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, dirty airflow sensor, vacuum leak, and so forth. There are critical sensors as well, such as the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, that can cause acceleration problems. With regard to the fuel system, faults there could cause too little fuel to be supplied to the injectors and this can cause the vehicle to accelerate slowly, or even sputter and stall, especially at high speeds. The airflow sensor detects the mass of air that enters the fuel injection system and hands that information off to the engine’s computer which allows the computer to deliver the proper amount of fuel to the air. These sensors can become dirty or malfunction over time, which results in the wrong data being sent to the computer. A slow accelerating car is the result of this incorrect data. An air leak in the intake system can affect the ability of the car’s computer system to properly regulate the fuel to air ratio. One of the major symptoms of a vacuum leak is a car that is slow to accelerate or feels like it has a lack of power.

• Hello i have a ford focus c max 2004 yesterday there was a problem when i was on motorway the car slow down and in 5th gear with