Q: Hello, I have a 2012 Kia Sportage lx 2.0. Can I put Preston coolant instead of the original Kia brand?

hellow, i have a 2012 kia sportage lx 2.0 can i put preston green coolant insted of the origional kia?

The service manual calls for an Ethylene Glycol coolant with a 50/50 mix with distilled water. The coolant should say on the bottle what it is made of and it should include Ethylene Glycol. You will see on some coolant that it is specifically for Asian vehicles. Do not put in the wrong coolant or you will have a chemical reaction with the metals in the engine. If this happens it will clog up the engine, radiators, and heater cores. The Prestone coolant comes in many types and colors and if you verify the ingredients in it then you should be fine. If you are not sure which one to get then have one of our mobile technicians service the cooling system for you at your home or office.

3. Hello, I have a 2012 Kia Sportage lx 2.0. Can I put Preston coolant instead of the original Kia brand?