Q: Hello,I drive a 96 Nissan maxima. It doesn't do this all the time but when I come to a stop in my car, sometime the rpm goes almos

My car shuts off when I come to a stop.. Then sometimes when I accelerate, the car seems to be lacking speed till about 2 seconds then it catches up to speed

A: Hello. A lack of acceleration and low RPMs ...

Hello. A lack of acceleration and low RPMs at a stop can be caused by several components. When it comes to running issues like these, always start with the simple fixes first and then if the symptoms continue, you can delve deeper into the issue. Start by cleaning the throttle body , idle air control valve, and the MAF sensor. Both of these can build up with engine debris and other contaminants. This can be done with a throttle body cleaner of your choice, or similar chemical. If cleaning these parts and sensors doesn't work, then you will want to turn your attention to an air intake issue, spark plug issue, or possibly even a small vacuum leak of some kind. Again try to keep things simple at first by cleaning the listed sensors.