Q: Hello,

Hello, while driving in the highway,car would not accelerate when i put in gas, then it would reapond and take off and then It finally turned off. I would not turn back on. I jumped started,it worked ,however as i was driving to the shop ti get it checked out out, it started losing revs and not reaponding again and then.."boom" someway somehow my muffler blew up towards the tips. What could be the main reason for this?

Your vehicle may have experienced a horribly clogged catalytic converter. These will usually hinder engine performance to a great degree and you may hear a blowout if the catalytic converter gets too hot and the materials inside start to melt. Have the technicians at a local shop look at the vehicle throughly after fixing to find the specific cause for the loud pop. Leaking fuel injectors or a weak ignition system may allow extra fuel into the exhaust and damage the catalytic converter. If you need getting a technician to inspect your vehicle, YourMechanic can send you a mechanic to your home or place of work.