Q: Heater won't switch to other settings

The heater no longer let's me switch it off our feet or to any other settings or to the air-conditioning,can you give me some ideas of where to start ,it used to work fine but all of a sudden stopped letting me switch it to other settings,,and now that it's so hot outside I really need the

The most common problem may be the air mix door motor actuator being bad. There is a pinpoint test to see if it is the controller where you push the buttons or the door actuator on the evaporator case. You can try tapping on the mix door actuator motor to see if it will move to a different location with the key on. If it starts to work, then the actuator is bad and needs to be replaced. If it still does not move, then have a mechanic do an inspection on your heater to see which part failed.

3. Heater won't switch to other settings