Q: Heater is blowing but not hot. Repaired the hole in the radiator. Why doesn't heat up? 2008 BMW X5

I had a hole in my radiator. Patched it up changed the coolest now it's not heating my car. The blower work but no heat after an hour

Hi there:

Depending on the damage that occurred to your radiator, it’s possible that you might have some sludge or other blockage from the coolant hoses to the heater core. Sometimes simply flushing the radiator will help to improve this problem, while other times, you’ll have to inspect the heater core itself to see if it’s damaged and requires repair. You may want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a heater is not working inspection.

Hello - there are several possible causes for a "no heater function". If the thermostat is not allowing the engine to heat up properly (center of the temp gauge), or there is lots of air still in the coolant system, either of these would cause a "no heater function". If the heater control valve was not opening properly, that would also cause a "no heater result". I would recommend an inspection of the cooling & heater systems by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Heater is blowing but not hot. Repaired the hole in the radiator. Why doesn't heat up? 2008 BMW X5