Q: Heater does not work and has a loss of power to the switches.

Ok I have changed the relay both under the hood and by the blower motor as well as the heater resistor. When I hook power to the motor it works. When I turn key on and switch between different fan settings I get some power at the motor but not enough, like 5 volts. Also on the heater control head the Ac and recirculate buttons do not light up. Can it be that this unit is my problem? thanks for any help you can give

Hi there. If the motor works fine with power directly to it and when the switch is not working properly causing the motor to come on slower and weak, then switch cluster has failed and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with diagnosing the heating / air conditioning switch cluster, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.