Q: Heat messes up Crankshaft Sensor Position

I replaced my crankshaft sensor a month ago and now the car stutters while going over 2 rpm, it shuts off randomly sometimes, and sometimes wont turn on(misfire). This is a very serious issue and destroy my engine and spark plugs and many more issues. Since they usually last a while replacing it in 1 month says that its the hotness in my car destroying it. My car use to overheat a lot but ever since i caught up with the schedule on how frequent i put in antifreeze, it hasnt been messing up, but the engine is HOT so it could be the thermostat. Now since the crankshaft is messed up again the engine light blinks then stays on then blinks when its bad again. No coolant drains from my resorvoir. My oil is good and so is the filter. I have no idea why my car gets so hot...i hear and see the fan on and working. Can you help and comment what you think needs to happen?

Hello. From your description, it sounds like you have a head gasket leaking if you are not finding an external leak. This is most likely the cause of the misfires, spark plug issues, and other problems. To pinpoint the problem, I recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, give your car a comprehensive inspection and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Heat messes up Crankshaft Sensor Position