Q: Heat gauge problem

Hello I have a 1993 Honda Civic lx and for the past 2-3 weeks the heat needle is acting weird it will rise up and then down when I turn on my heat it has a new radiator and plenty of coolant and I never drive it hard at all or give it any reason to over heat sometime it will rise 3/4 on the display and go down or rise to red and go back down but never smokes at all and its has me with a consent headache worried to drive it anywhere unless I absolutely need to oil is fine no crack head gasket or anything please help me

The temperature fluctuation when turning on and off the heat suggests that you may have an overheating issue. The thermostat is a more commonly known part to fail when it comes to an engine overheating. I would recommend having the thermostat checked out by an expert. When the thermostat is faulty or stuck open or closed this can cause erratic temperature fluctuations in the engine leading eventually to a more severe overheating issue.

3. Heat gauge problem