Q: Hearing a clunking noise. Just had the suspension worked on.

When turning the steering wheel, I hear a clunking noise. The car has new struts and two new, aftermarket CV axles, a new control arm for both the left and right, and new ball joints.

A: Hi there. If this noise occurred right afte...

Hi there. If this noise occurred right after these parts were replaced then they need to be double checked for looseness. It is also important to properly torque these parts while the vehicle is on the ground to keep them from making noise. If this was occurring before the parts were replaced then the rack and pinion should be inspected. The most common failure I have seen is the rack and pinion mounting bushings. They are made of rubber and fail over time allowing the rack to move when turning causing this noise. If you cannot easily get under the vehicle you should enlist the help of a certified mechanic to inspect the noise.