Q: Headlights won't turn off

So I just had a stereo guy install LED daytime running lights to the bottom of my bumper, in addition to the daytime running lights that come with the car and turn on in auto mode. Now I have this LED conversion kit that I'd like to install into my low beams, but a notice in the package reads " Make sure to disengage daytime running lights by turning them off and only turning them on when needed". Now this all makes sense except for when I try to turn to headlight mode to off, I notice there is a light still on in my headlights and it won't go away. Im assuming these are my hi beams, but if its in the off position, shouldn't everything be off? The newly installed LED lights on the bottom are always on, even brighter in the day, but dim when the actual headlights come on at night. I want to install this LED conversion kit, but Im concerned that the light that stays on in the headlamp might cause some issues later on.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. You are most likely going to run into problems installing this system if it requires manipulation of the daytime running lights; especially on a new Honda Accord. Typically this system can be linked to the security system (if the vehicle has one) and can cause future electrical system problems. You might want to purchase a wiring diagram or schematic from Honda to determine how to correctly install this type of aftermarket system. Unfortunately, we really can’t assist you here, since we only offer OEM repair and maintenance suggestions. You might be better served to consult with the stereo guys.