Q: Headlights stay on permanently

My headlights stay on permanently, and a number of interior power outlets are not working.

A: It sounds like you may have an electrical s...

It sounds like you may have an electrical short somewhere in your lighting system. The short is most likely a short-to-power rather than a short-to-ground. The two circuits may have collided at some point within your wiring system. If the power outlets do not work, it is possible that the power that would normally be sent to the outlet is now being used to power the headlights constantly. Power outlets have a constant twelve volts whereas headlights only receive twelve volts when they are turned on. Unfortunately, the only way to really check this is to have a wiring diagram. Once a diagram has been obtained, have a certified technician inspect your electrical system using this information. Most likely the technician will need to trace wires in order to locate the issue for your headlights.