Q: Headlights randomly turn on at night.

Just bought this truck and I noticed the headlights randomly turn on at night

Hello. Thank you for writing in. In order to diagnose this you may need to catch it while its happening (or replicate it and make it happen), and be ready to do some tests. You will want to start at the headlight relays, and see if any of them have constant power. Then you will want to trace that constant power and find the switch that is not turning off. It may be the auto off headlight switch. You can check the time delay that it is set at, and verify that system is working correctly. You may also want to verify that your photo sensor system is working correctly. This is the small black bump or nob that detects sunlight and will turn on the headlights. This system very rarely fails, but it is not impossible. Wait until the issue is occurring and take diagnosis from there.

3. Headlights randomly turn on at night.