Q: Headlights out while driving. 1991 Chrysler New Yorker

My headlights keep going out while I’m driving. And my car had a block near firewall, and the headlights switch on the dash terminals burn. But I can’t find any shorts in the wiring. Do you know where I should look or what could be causing the problem?

A: Hello. The first thing to check is to see i...

Hello. The first thing to check is to see if the headlight bulbs are the correct ones for the vehicle. If they are not, then they can overheat the circuit and cause the problem you have. I would recommend replacing both headlight bulbs, both burned connections, and the headlight switch. If not, you will continue to burn out connectors and switches.