Q: Headlights don't shine light on outer sides

My grandad has an older model and the headlights meet in the middle and he has trouble seeing anything to the sides at night. We're trying to find out how to adjust them so they will show the full span. There is a screw at the top to adjust up and down and one on the side to adjust side to side. The top screw is a large one and easy to turn. I can see it adjusting the light up and down. However, the other screw (the one at the side) won’t turn at all. In fact, neither of the side screws will turn. There is yet a smaller screw just to the back of each of them that turns easily, but it doesn't do anything to adjust the headlights. Can you tell me how we can get the side screws to turn so we can adjust my granddad’s car headlights?

A: From the sounds of things, the screw that a...

From the sounds of things, the screw that adjusts the right-to-left movement of the headlights may be seized and of become stuck. If it does not easily loosen, than do not force it, as it can damage the bolt and headlight assembly. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your lights and make the correct adjustments.