Q: Headlights

Hello YOUR MECHANIC,

With a 2014 Buick Lacrosse ..the headlights...low beam...if one goes out will the other wont work as well?

The headlights ..low beam.. will not come on. The turn signal works and so does the High beams.

Thanks for the help.

Michael

The headlight bulbs on the 2014 LaCrosse are either halogen capsule (standard) or HID (optional). If you have halogen bulbs, it is easily possible for both halogen bulbs to have failed. If you request a headlight diagnostic/bulb replacement, the responding certified mechanic will test the bulb filament, and the circuit as well, if the bulbs test OK and yet they still do not light. If you have HID headlights a similar diagnostic would be performed but it involves more steps as HID systems have ballasts, controllers, and additional wiring. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.