Q: Headlight out

Headlight flickered and went out. Replaced build no joy. Found bad fuse and replaced. Checked voltage. 13.41. Bought new bulb and tested on other side. Build is good. Still no joy. Connection is clean. Any thoughts?

A: Hello and thanks for your question. When a ...

Hello and thanks for your question.
When a headlight flickers and goes out, that could mean that the bulb has failed or the power or ground has shorted. I see that you checked the voltage and got a reading of 13.41. Get the harness to the headlight that is connected to the bulb and check power with the engine off and key on and the headlight switch on. If there is power, then check the ground. If there is high resistance on the ground circuit, then there is a bad or loose connection. If there is no power, then locate fuse box and check the fuse for the headlights. If the fuse is okay, then remove the fuse and check the fuse box for any power to the fuse. If there is power to the fuse, then the fuse is either damaged or the circuit from the fuse box to the head light has a break in the wiring. If there is no power at the fuse box, then the fuse fuse box is damaged and should be replaced. If you need assistance in troubleshooting your lights, then contact a technician, preferably a technician from Your Mechanic to help you with your headlights.