Q: Q: Head Gasket replacement

Is there any thing i should know when changing a head gasket and cylinder rings beside the following?

-Being careful not to damaging the aluminum part while doing the work - clean area where are the valve cover and block meet thoroughly making sure not to drop bits into block and where you place the gasket -place gasket in properly as to not leave any excess hanging out or twisted -apply rtv to specified spots on gasket -carefully resecure valve cover back over block without displacing the gasket and bolt back down -inspect aroundto make sure the gasket didnt move or shift - tightening the bolts too much could break the gaskets -Reconnecting all wires and hoses Waut at least 24hrs before driving to allow rtv to set - and always use the right tool for the job Are there any steps i am missing? Any pointers?

My car has over 100000 miles.

Hi there:

In general, the tips you’ve listed are very important to remember, but you are missing on very critical step - purchase a 2001 Honda Accord service repair manual and follow their specific instructions exactly. Also, if you’re completing this repair due to overheating damage; you might want to replace all ignition system sensors and connectors as well, including the crankshaft position sensor and ALL electrical connections going to those sensors.

3. Q: Head Gasket replacement