Q: Head gasket failure ? 2007 Ford F250 Super Duty

Hello , I think I've got a head gasket fault on my f250 but I can't seem to find anyone with the know how to test it ? The water system seems to be pressurising and pushing the water out of the header/expansion tank , there are no bubbles just a build up of pressure , I checked the thermostat and it was faulty so I fully removed the thermostat from its housing whilst waiting for a new one and put back together to see if this would solve the problem ... it hasn't , The car in itself runs perfectly Help please as this will cost me money that I can't afford to spend and the worry of a cracked engine block could be possible to ? The car had a full rebuild in 2012 in Spain with strengthened head bolts by the previous owner Thanks

Hi there - you are correct, a blown head gasket can both over-pressurize the cooling system, and super-heat the coolant. I would first check that the cooling system has been thoroughly bled of air. Air pockets inside the engine cause violent boiling of coolant inside the engine, over-pressurizing the cooling system. You can also inject a dye into the cooling system that responds to ultraviolet light if combustion gases are present in the cooling system. This would not tell you if there was a cracked head or block, or a blown head gasket, but would tell you that at least one of these problems is occurring. For additional diagnostic help, I would recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.