Q: Having trouble putting it gear.

The shift stick is becoming harder to shift into gear. I have to force it into its gear at times.

A: Hard shifting of a manual transmission can ...

Hard shifting of a manual transmission can be caused by a few components. First thing considering the mileage, has the trans fluid ever been drained and refilled? If not, that may be a good place to start. Verify what type of fluid it requires before you do. Chevy has changed it around a time or two. Some use gear oil, some use automatic transmission fluid, and others can have either used in them. Also considering the age and mileage, bleeding the clutch hydraulic system may help. If that does not help,, it’s possible the slave cylinder can be worn and due for replacement. Lastly, the clutch itself may be worn and due for replacement. If the clutch disc is well-worn, it may not be releasing fully, making the shifter difficult to get into any gear. If the shifter moves freely into any gear when the engine is off, odds are there is nothing mechanically wrong with the transmission itself and odds are the clutch is worn. Have a certified technician look into the hard shifting to isolate the cause.