Q: Having problems with battery drain

I think my car has a problem. My car is using 0.140 AMP from my battery in sleep mode. If I then remove the room lamp fuse (10AMP) from the interior fuse box, it drops to 0.070 AMP (which I think, is a reasonable value). The room lamp fuse also gives power to the side mirrors and the driver's seat controls. All the bulbs in the car are LED. Any thoughts on this?

The body control module and other modules will draw a larger amount of power when you first turn the ignition off, open and close the door, and lock the car. The body module will draw about .12 amps alone and then after about 20 minutes it will drop to about .02 amps. I don’t think you should have an issue.

If your battery is going dead overnight then have the system checked and battery tested. Otherwise, your battery should last a couple of weeks without use and not drain down low enough to cause a problem of not starting. If you need assistance with these checks, seek help from a professional mechanic who can diagnose and ensure that your battery is working as it should.

3. Having problems with battery drain