Q: Having heater problems

The blower used to work on speeds 1 through 4 and I got a short in the wiring I fixed it in the meantime it blew a fuse I fixed it and now it only works on speeds 5 and it has no heat that comes out now and whenever you turn the little knob to change it from the vent to the floor or defrost it will not switch over to either one what do I need to do next

Hello - this problem seems to have multiple problem sources. Whether it was the first failure or the second, the fan motor resistor pack is probably fried - given only the "max" fan speed works, and needs to be replaced. It does not go through the resistor pack. The heater control valve, which regulates hot water into the heater core would not appear to be working either. Whether that is because of a bad heater control, or a bad valve will require further diagnosis with a voltmeter. I would recommend a thorough diagnosis of the heater system performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Having heater problems