Q: Having Glitchy issues with Dodge Ram 1500

I recently bought a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 dual cab. I first noticed that my gas gauge wasn't working all the time. It is very random, however seems to be the worst in the morning. Over the next few days I noticed more glitchy issues. Sometimes my truck wont lock with the button, my blinkers would not work sometimes, and my interior dash lights started flickering. However, when my dash likes would turn off, my headlights would turn on, and then when I went to manually turn the lights on, they would turn off. When my dash lights come back on, my lights turn off. Sometimes, my headlights flicker (without the interior dash lights messing up). I need help, I just took a loan out to buy this truck because my motor went out on my jeep.

Hello. This sounds like you have a short somewhere in your dash or instrument panel. There are a variety of possibilities that could cause this. Tracing an electrical short can be very difficult and time consuming even for experienced mechanics. If you would like to have this checked out for you, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the electrical circuit and resolve these issues.