Q: having charging problem

My battery light came on, then everything came on and shut down, put new alternator on and belts. Had to jump my vehicle off and the rpm. Only went to 1 and the battery light came on, but when I give it gas it charges and goes, but as soon as I let off the gas it wants to die.

Hi there. It sounds like the battery could be having some issues internally and causing your low idle or the alternator belt does not have proper tension. Battery damage may have occurred when it was discharged during use when the alternator failed. There is a possibility of damaging the battery if it should become discharged as in the manner that occurred with you. A battery test performed with a digital battery tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health will reveal whether or not the battery is in need of replacement. If the vehicle stalls when you let off the gas, then the idle air control could either be sticking or is being affected by a faulty battery. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection and a car will not idle inspection.