Q: Having a problem with timing - 1992 Chevrolet C1500

While I got #1 on TDC my timing chain marks are good but distributor is pointed at front of engine

A: Hi and thanks for your question. Remove the...

Hi and thanks for your question. Remove the distributor and turn the gear one tooth to make the rotor face the number one cylinder and tighten it down. Then mark the bottom of the distributor where the rotor is facing and put the cap on. Turn it to where number 1 is aligned up at it.

This will ensure that the distributor is set at TDC. You may have to adjust the distributor cap, if you can, to the right setting for the best performance. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect for any problems and replace the Top Dead Center sensor if you think it may be bad.