Q: Have a brake fluid leak from a part under master cylinder, where lines from m-cylinder connect to.

I am able to clearly see fluid leaking from this part. The 2 lines coming off m-cylinder connect to it and it is about a foot or so below. It looks like it may be white plastic underneath with a rubber boot (similar to an axle boot) that appears separated or torn from plastic exposing white plastic underneath. I would like to know what this part is named and how common or uncommon it is for this part to fail and how hard it is to replace.

A: In time, brake fluid degrades and absorbs m...

In time, brake fluid degrades and absorbs moisture. It will degrade rubber components of the brake system which include the[master cylinder, front and rear brake calipers.

The leak you see is from the master cylinder reservoir seals. You can just get the reservoir with seals but I advise replacing the master cylinder and getting a brake system fluid flush.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose the brake leak firsthand and make the necessary repairs.