Q: Have a brake fluid leak from a part under master cylinder, where lines from m-cylinder connect to.

I am able to clearly see fluid leaking from this part. The 2 lines coming off m-cylinder connect to it and it is about a foot or so below. It looks like it may be white plastic underneath with a rubber boot (similar to an axle boot) that appears separated or torn from plastic exposing white plastic underneath. I would like to know what this part is named and how common or uncommon it is for this part to fail and how hard it is to replace.

In time, brake fluid degrades and absorbs moisture. It will degrade rubber components of the brake system which include the[master cylinder, front and rear brake calipers.

The leak you see is from the master cylinder reservoir seals. You can just get the reservoir with seals but I advise replacing the master cylinder and getting a brake system fluid flush.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose the brake leak firsthand and make the necessary repairs.

3. Have a brake fluid leak from a part under master cylinder, where lines from m-cylinder connect to.