Q: Have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 4wd but also a button or lever under radio with a vehicle with squiggly lines behind it I'

I have a chevy Silverado HD 2016 2500 4wd an a lever type button under the radio it's a vehicle with squiggly lines behind it I'm assuming it's traction control I won't need that if I'm in say 4 high will I 2700 miles on it don't want to mess up Trans an is for maybe just wet roads

Traction control works by controlling throttle input and braking. If the road conditions are slippery and the system senses wheel spin, the electronics will either reduce the throttle input, apply brakes to individual or numerous wheels, or both. Traction control systems will have very little effect on the transmission function or life. In some instances like deep snow, it can be more beneficial to turn the system off and allow some wheel spin to get moving. However in normal driving, the system will have very little input or effect on your driving.

• Have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 4wd but also a button or lever under radio with a vehicle with squiggly lines behind it I'