Q: Have a 2005 Chevrolet Impala and the fuel guage and temperture guage are not working. What could be problem?

Both fuel and temperture guages stopped working at same time.

Hi there. If both of these stopped working at the same time then most of the time it is caused by an issue with the instrument panel itself. The logic board that is internal tends to short and cause this. Most of the time the instrument cluster can be rebuild, but most of the time it will need to be replaced. Prior to changing the instrument panel I check the ground connections to it and the connection on the back of it because a loose contact in either of these areas will also cause this. If you are going to have this gauge problem looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why these gauges stopped working] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/temperature-gauge-is-maxed-out-inspection

3. Have a 2005 Chevrolet Impala and the fuel guage and temperture guage are not working. What could be problem?