Q: Have a 01 escape. Drove after the flood then one day wouldn't start made a clicking noise so replaced starter and its still nothin

Drove car after flood then one day went to start and it made a clicking noise but wouldn't start. So changed starter and it still doesn't work

The clicking sound may be a couple of things depending on the speed of the clicking. Typically, a rapid clicking sound is the result of a weak battery or not enough power getting from the battery to the starter. If it is more of a pronounced clicking sound, this may be related to a faulty starter or starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. In some cases if the starter solenoid is faulty it may cause the starter gear to remain out too long which can cause the starter gear to grind against the flywheel after the engine has started. This is noticeable by a very loud grinding sound. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Have a 01 escape. Drove after the flood then one day wouldn't start made a clicking noise so replaced starter and its still nothin