Q: Have 2001 pt cruiser, temp running high?

Temp was running high, coolant resovir was empty, mechanic found leak around thermostat housing, he unloosened a bolt at bottom, put sealant up top and believe bottom also, replaced relay switch, my car is still running hot, what else could it be? Resovir is still holding antifreeze.

First you will need to verify that the thermostat is opening when engine warms up. Then make sure the cooling system is full and that the cooling fans are coming on to prevent overheating. I all of these checks are ok and engine still overheats then you may have a blown head gasket from the overheating condition. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic pressure test system to see if there are leaks and thermostat is not stuck. If both ok then check the water pump and radiator for proper flow. If you used cooling system sealer you may have blocked the passages in the radiator.

3. Have 2001 pt cruiser, temp running high?