Q: Hatchback has vibrations with no ECU errors

There is a bit of a vibration that started this week. When driving, it doesn’t get any worse. The vibration seems to always stay the same. There hasn’t been any slipping and there are no strange or odd noises - no thumping. There are no ECU errors. The car has a ‘loose’ feel to it. An auto shop told me it could be the clutch or flywheel. What do you think is the problem?

Hello. Most of the time it is caused by an out of balance tire. I would start by having the tires balanced. If that does not solve it then it may be a bad engine mount or a failing axle joint. I check the mounts first and then get the vehicle in the air to check the axles. That should identify the problem. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the source of the issue.