Q: hatch wiper blinker lights

I bought my GMC Terrain used and 1,000 miles. After a bumper to bumper accident several thing stopped working. First the rear hatch stopped opening. The wiper on it also stopped working along with the front right blinker, left rear blinker and brake light plus the interior outlets and the red lighting around the drive controls. I went to the dealership and paid them to do a diagnostic on the truck. They told me it needed a Body Control Device. So I had them install it, and it didn't fix a thing. So now I'm back to where I started. Do you know what might be wrong? Thank you.

Hello. It is possible that the wiring somewhere in your truck is causing this problem. It may be that wiring was damaged during the accident or during the repairs. It is likely that a section of your vehicle’s wiring harness has damaged wires and that is why repairing the body control module didn’t fix the problem. I would suggest informing your insurance company of the problems you are experiencing with the vehicle and allow them to advise you of your next steps. If you would like a second opinion from an independent mechanic, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic to diagnose your electrical issues.

3. hatch wiper blinker lights