Q: hardness in car while driving

I have recently changed shocks of my car and installed a new one but still the car seems to hard so tell me do I have to change coil spring also??. I have seen many new cars and I pressed them from trunk side so they are too soft to press and not so much power is required to press ..but in my car when I press it from trunk side and from hood side it is not as soft as I saw in new cars? What's the reason ?does i have to change coil springs of car also?

A: Hi there: It’s common for a professional m...

Hi there:

It’s common for a professional mechanic to recommend replacing the suspension springs and struts in pairs at the same time. For example, if the left front strut is faulty, replacing the left and right side struts and springs at the same time is the best thing to do for multiple reasons. First, it allows the suspension to align much easier and second, it’s better for the vehicle’s handling and stability. In some cases when you replace the strut alone, the spring may be misaligned during the replacement; which may cause the stiffness issue you’re asking about.