Q: Hard to turn vehicle when car is idling. No leaking of power steering fluid under the car

I have added power steering fluid and turned the wheel with the cap off to remove air bubbles. The Sedona is hard to turn when it has been idling but when it is moving it works just fine. Even turning at stop lights where it idles just slightly it will make it hard to turn. I am thinking that the power steering pump is bad.

Hi there. Chances are the power steering pump is at fault for the steering wheel being hard to turn both directions at idle. It could be, a faulty power steering pressure switch not sending a signal to the computer to raise engine rpm (revolutions per minute) to compensate for power steering load at idle. The power steering fluid level being low, indicates there is a power steering fluid leak even though, your not seeing it on the ground. Replacing components without proper diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s steering wheel is hard to turn at idle be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Hard to turn vehicle when car is idling. No leaking of power steering fluid under the car